The Gauteng Department of Social Development is awarding bursary opportunities to financially disadvantaged students living in the province.
The local department said the bursary opportunity is established to promote skills development and quality education.
The Covid-19 pandemic has seen the country’s economy plummet. Along with that, there have been business closures which result in job losses and some businesses have had to impose salary cuts to keep afloat.
Students who were dependent on family income have had to seek other means to pay for higher education tuition, including seeking bursary opportunities.
The Social Development bursary is for students going into the following fields:
- Community Development
- Financial Management
- Demography and Population Studies
- Clinical Psychology
- Occupational Therapy
The bursary covers:
- Prescribed books
- Study Material
- Be a permanent Gauteng resident for at least a year prior to the application.
- Be a South African citizen.
- Currently studying or intend to study full-time in the mentioned fields.
- Be accepted to study at a South African recognised institution.
All youth are invited to apply.
Application forms can be collected at any DSD office in Gauteng.
You will need:
- Certified identity document
- Certified matric certificate
- Certified copies of all education-related qualifications.
- Proof of tertiary acceptance letter
- Proof of registration
- A motivational letter
- Proof of household income
- Proof of residence
Successful applicants will be contacted within 3 months. Applications close on November 17, 2021.